Stacked Tacos

Wednesday, July 27, 2016



My family LOVES tacos. I mean LOVES them. Normally when we eat them we do more of taco salad bar type meal where I will prep and set up all the ingredients and everyone will layer them on top of tortilla chips.

But I saw a recipe in Cooking For Two that stacked the tacos like this and it looked so pretty so I thought why not?!

I took the ingredients we would normally use for taco salad and layered them into stacks and I gotta say ---> I really like it!

The only thing I would change is I would fry my tortilla shells in a little olive oil. I baked them here and the texture was a little "off" from what I would have liked. I am a huge texture eater. It's why I don't like whipped cream or any sort of whipped topping.

Did I mention that this is 21 Day Fix Approved??? See total win!

What you need:

1 1/2 red containers of taco meat (using lean ground beef or ground turkey)
1/2 green container of chopped tomatoes
1/2 green container of shredded lettuce (or spinach)
1 blue container of shredded cheese
1 tbs of Greek yogurt
1/4 purple of salsa
2 corn tortilla shells - baked or fried
2 tsp olive oil for frying shells in you want

What you do:

Start with a corn tortilla and layer half of the ingredients on it (except salsa and Greek yogurt). Top with second tortilla and top with remaining ingredients (including salsa and Greek yogurt).

Enjoy!

I hope you like this idea as much as we did! I love taking inspiration from recipes I see and turning them into healthy meals that my family loves!

Recipe adapted from Cooking For Two magazine (PS - there are TONS of great ideas in this magazine)

Thanks for reading!
Misty


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)