Anniversary Dress

Thursday, July 28, 2016

I bought this dress with specific intentions on wearing it out for our 13th anniversary. As soon as I clicked "purchase" I immediately starting doubting myself. 

Can I pull this off? I mean I still have a ways to go in my weight loss journey.

Should I wear a white dress? After all, I am pretty much the color of snow already.

Sometimes I let that little voice inside my head get the best of me. Luckily, I have one of my friends that refuses to let me make excuses. Every single excuse I came up with, she countered with an even better reason why I SHOULD wear this dress.

And you know what? She was 100% correct. The dress was beautiful (although it could use a little altering to tighten up the chest area). Alex loved it and told me how beautiful I looked. More importantly I FELT BEAUTIFUL. 

Sometimes you really just have to shut those little voices up and take a chance. As scary as it may seem, sometimes the end result is liberating. Yes, I realize I am just talking about a dress, but it is amazing how much control you can let something so petty have over you. Until I get back to my goal weight, I have to learn to appreciate this body of mine!

Thanks for reading!!
Misty







Dress - Ann Taylor
Shoes - Old

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)