Weekend Style - Over-sized Cardigan and Graphic Tunic

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day! I know we sure did. I was incredibly thankful to be able to spend the day with my sweet little family!

There are days that I just don't want to get dressed. Sunday was one of those days for me. After working 6 long days (including 12 hours straight on Saturday), all I wanted to do was curl up with my kiddos and stay in my pajamas!

Well, we did just that for most of the day. Alex made up breakfast Sunday morning and I made lasagna soup for lunch. If you have never had lasagna soup, let me tell you - IT IS AMAZING!!

Seriously, it has all the flavor of lasagna without the hassle of layering everything together. The recipe will up on the blog soon!

We did have a couple of things we had to do that afternoon (birthday party + grocery shopping). Against all of my desire, I took of my lounge pants + pullover and put on some real clothes.

The birthday party had a lot of those jump houses at it for kids so I wanted to make sure I wore something I could easily move around in (because you know - in case the kids needed me to come in - OK maybe I wanted to play too!). 

I found this tunic at a local boutique and was immediately drawn to it. I am not sure why. I am usually not one to gravitate toward a print (unless it is a stripe or polka dot). But for whatever reason I just fell in love with it (not to mention it was on clearance for under $10!

I finally decided on this tunic + this over sized cardigan + skinny jeans + riding boots. It is just enough to look like put together while still be super comfortable. 

PS - I may have talked myself into putting on real clothes, but I was unable to convince myself to do anything with my hair!





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)