Easy Weeknight Dinner - Pork Chop Sheet Pan Meal

Monday, February 8, 2016


If you follow me on Facebook you probably saw this picture of the sheet pan meal I made. Being a working mom, I need to have quick + easy go to meals for busy weeknights.

Typically I don't get home until after 6 pm from work. By the time I get in the house, get everything put away, and say hi to my kiddos and hubby it is close to 7 which doesn't leave much time for dinner.

I want to provide my family with a home cooked + nutritious meal, but I don't want to take away those precious few moments I get to spend with my family in the afternoons. I also don't want to be in the kitchen cleaning up a huge mess after they go to bed!

So my solution? Sheet pan meals! I got this inspiration from a Pioneer Woman episode (I LOVE HER!). She was making all kinds of different sheet pan meals, but it was mostly things my crew wouldn't eat so I decide to play around with a couple of different variations to find one that fits my family. Not only is it super easy to throw together, but it is even easier to clean up! It is just one pan for everything. I line mine with a large piece of aluminum foil to protect my sheet pan and to make clean up even easier!

This is the second variation I came up with. - Pork Chops + Roasted Potatoes.

The vegetables are not listed because were not cooked with the others. They are actually steamed from one of those frozen steamer bags. These are amazing to have on hand. All you do is take the bag out of the freezer, throw it in the microwave, and let it do its thing. So easy and my kids love them!

So back to the pork chops and roasted potatoes.

Ingredients:

  • 4 pork chops - I used a medium thickness boneless pork loin chop
  • Favorite BBQ Sauce
  • 1 bag frozen steamer bag of veggies (pick your favorite!)
  • 3 golden potatoes
  • Olive Oil
  • Salt and Pepper

Preparation:
  • Preheat oven to 450
  • Chop potatoes into desired size. I diced mine into pretty small pieces (like a hash size) because I wanted them to cook quickly and get crispy all around.
  • Line sheet pan with foil (if desired)
  • Put diced potatoes on one side of sheet pan.
  • Drizzle diced potatoes with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
  • Roast potatoes until they are about 50% done. The time will vary depending on how big you did your dice. I cooked mine for about 20-25 minutes.
  • When potatoes are 50% done pull out pan and add pork chops to the other side of the pan. Sprinkle chops with salt and pepper as well.
  • Add the pan back into the oven.
  • When the pork chops are about 5 minutes from being finished pull out and brush with your favorite BBQ sauce. 
  • Put back in the oven until pork chops are completely done. 
  • When you put the pan back in the oven for the last few minutes, go ahead and put the steamer bag in the microwave so it will be done about the same time.
The time it takes for your pork chops to cook will vary depending on their thickness as well.

I use a meat thermometer to make sure my meat is completely finished cooking. I can't stand the thought of eating under cooked meat so I always test it!

When everything was done, I opened the steamer bag and dumped the vegetables out in the middle of the pan for serving!

This was SO EASY and SO GOOD!! It was definitely kid tested and husband approved! I hope your family enjoys it as much as mine did!

xo - Misty

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)